Content is undoubtedly the cornerstone of digital marketing. A well-designed content marketing strategy take your brand far and wide and make it grow. On the other hand, there is SEO, which is needless to say, an indispensable tool that a brand needs to be visible and find their own niche in the ever erupting online landscape. The perpetual conundrum of the modern marketer, however, is whether Content Marketing and SEO can be tied together or treated individually.
A solution-driven response to this is that both of these indispensable tools of digital marketing go hand-in-hand. They are never separate, but rather, interlinked to each other in their functions and objectives. SEO has its own set of requirements which can only be fulfilled by effective content marketing.
To be able to successfully connect SEO strategy of a brand and its related content marketing activities, here are a few things to take into consideration:
- The best way to apply a SEO strategy is to drive it through well structured, quality content. Similarly, content marketing becomes successful by applying the right SEO techniques.
- Content marketing develops the ‘content’ which SEO demands. In other words, there cannot be an SEO without content. Anything and everything that is developed for a brand- articles, keywords, social engagement, videos, blogs, etc. comprise content. And when SEO techniques are applied to them, it yields visibility to your brand across the online ecosystem.
- When SEO demands a keyword or keywords, content marketing fulfills them by integrating them in the brand content. This whole technique and practical application of SEO forms the core of content marketing.
- When it comes to inbound links needed for SEO, Content Marketing introduces the same in its content at the right places.
- While SEO helps spread your brand message through powerful content, content marketing helps build an authority of the brand to improve the SEO.
The picture-perfect end objective of the SEO strategy can only be fulfilled through a robust content marketing effort. And, rather than keeping both SEO and Content Marketing in silos, marketers need to blend the key features of each to get the optimum results.