According to recent research, experts expect the mobile commerce space to contribute to more than half of global retail sales by 2022. Despite the increasing number of mobile users, retailers find it challenging to increase conversion rates and struggle with disconnected user experiences.
As one of the most sought-after platforms for e-commerce sites, Magento addressed this issue and introduced the Progressive Web Applications or PWAs, in April 2018.
What are PWAs and how they work
Progressive Web Apps are simply, a suite of tools that help build online stores and render an app-like experience for the user. From the development point of view, these PWA tools help them build superfast frontend, create components and extensions which can be reused or shared on the Magento Marketplace.
Practically speaking, the PWA Studio will allow Magento Commerce to deliver faster yet simpler front-end experiences and interesting features on mobile devices
These PWAs integrate the best of website features and mobile app functionality and help retailers to build a fast, dynamic, and engaging shopping experience for customers. With better mobile shopping experiences, retailers can now expect higher mobile conversion rates as much as 50 percent and boost the revenue of their brands.
The key features of the Magento Progressive Web Applications Studio are
- Easy-to-use tools that help personalize content according to local preferences.
- It works Offline and occupies 80-90% less space compared to Apps.
- Developers can build and manage multiple channels and user experiences using a single code base, deployment, and application.
- The innovative themes of Content Management System and e-commerce help to build more intuitive user experiences. And all this is much lesser time.
- It is compatible with Magento1 and Magento2 and also has Push Notification functionality.
- ‘Purpose-built developer tools’ which can help with fast prototyping, easier debugging, comprehensive feedback, thus resulting in increased productivity of the e-commerce business.
To summarize, PWA studio is directed at developers and the retail merchants so they can deliver convenience, comfort, and utility-driven mobile shopping app, which integrates searchability and the same shopping experience, their customers enjoy on the desktop.
If you are a retailer and finding conversions an elusive business, then maybe its time to consider moving to Magento cloud commerce solutions and integrate the recently launched PWA tools and take your e-commerce business to a whole new level.